Monday

Long Weekend

I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. I've been busy trying to get my daughter into kindergarten. The school district won't let her in because her birthday is in October and their cut-off for entrance is Sept. 1st. So, even though all her friends are in school now, and she is as smart and well-adjusted as they, she cannot go. All because of the age. How rude. So we are officially home-schooling her for kindergarten and will e putting her into public school starting 1st grade next year. So, she'll be where she should be, and with her friends. Take that stupid school district. If we were in a different state, she would be allowed in automatically because the cut-off dates are after her birthday. Stupid Washington state law!

Anyway, my kindergartener is very into Halloween this year. She already has her costume all picked out (I'm making it myself). and wants a Halloween birthday party. And wants to start decorating for Halloween right now. I'm OK with starting work on her costume, but I am NOT decorating the house right now.

In other news, I did my first Sharing time in Primary last week, and my second one this week. I get the next 2 weeks off (for Stake Conference and a class presentation) then I get 1 ST more for this month. I am still going to play the piano for the program, which will be Oct. 28.

Also, in 1 week my husband will take the Oath of Allegiance and become a US Citizen. That only took 5 1/2 years and well over a thousand dollars!

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: